K80 Series Horizontal & Vertical Style Braiding Systems
Steeger USA braiders can be manufactured in any multiple of 4 carriers with the most common sizes being 8, 12, 16, 24, 32, 48, 64, 72, 96, & 144-carriers; up to 288-carriers.
Our machines are the workhorses for the medical industry. They are used in the production of:
- Data Cables
- and a variety of minimally invasive applications
Steeger USA machines assist our customers’ product with designed flexibility, stiffness, kink resistance, improved torque response, and radial / hoop strength.
Our carrier design, which unrolls wire from a horizontally placed bobbin enables braiding the most tension sensitive materials without rolling or twisting.
Our machines provide a platform for the customization our customers need in connection with their high tech and demanding applications.
Our KL80D carrier will handle:
- Stainless Steel, Copper, NiTi, Titanium, Platinum, Cobalt Chromium, and coated wires
- Nylon, PET, PEN, PP, PEEK, and custom extruded fibers
Round Wire / Fiber Sizes:
- 0.0005” up to 0.010” (dependent on specified materials)
- Multiple ends per bobbin
Flat Wire / Fiber Sizes:
- 0.0005” x 0.002” up to 0.003” x 0.008” (dependent on specific materials)
Multi Filament Yarns:
- Nylon, Polyester, PP, Dyneema, Kevlar, Vectran, Spectra, and custom extruded fibers.
- Denier ranges from 5 – 1,500
Supporting Document: Medical Braiding Systems (PDF)